In this episode, Dr. Cam talks with Ross Szabo, Wellness Director at Geffen Academy at UCLA/CEO and CEO of the Human Power Project.
As an award-winning pioneer of the youth mental health movement, Ross is actively changing the way communities learn about mental health. During his 8 years as Director of Outreach at the National Mental Health Awareness Campaign, he helped create the first youth mental health speakers’ bureau in the country and personally spoke to over one million people. He’s also the author of Behind Happy Faces; Taking Charge of Your Mental Health and A Kid’s Book About Anxiety.
Ross and Dr. Cam discuss:
- How to talk about mental health with our teens
- How to normalize the concept of mental health with our teens
- The importance of knowing and sharing our family’s mental health history
- How to discern between depressed vs sad and anxious vs nervous.
- What to do if we’re concerned about our teen’s mental health.
Connect with Ross Szabo
Connect with Dr. Cam at www.AskDrCam.com
If you want to learn even more about how to connect with your teen and calm the drama, be sure to join me for the Parenting Teens Power Hour. I have an incredible group of experts lined up to share their best tips and secrets—and it’s free. You can register at https://www.askdrcam.com/powerhour.
If you enjoyed this episode and all the impactful tips that Ross shared with us, please take a quick moment to rate and review. This helps other parents like you find this show. Feel free to share the love with a friend as well.